lundi 4 avril 2011

I fOuNd aN iNtErNsHip !


Good new : I found an internship ! I thought that would be complicate, but it was finally easy ! On the beginning of march, I went to enable Ireland, in Galway, in order to propose myself as volunteer. This is a charity shop, were people come to work for free. I heard that it was really easy to get a job in this kind of store! Not so true… they had too much volunteer at this moment and couldn’t accept my help ! They were supposed to call me later, but never did.

3 weeks later I still didn’t have any internship… One morning I just woke up, and decide that was a good day to find one ! It was sunny, and warm outside. I went to GMIT to print some CV’s, put a cute dress, and took a bus to the city center. When I got out from the bus, I was kind of lost. I didn’t know where to apply, and what to say. 
I walked in shop street (one of the main street of Galway), and decided to take my chance in a coffee shop named “food4thought”. When I entered, I immediately recognize who the manager was.
-“Hi, how are you going today ? What would you like to drink?”
-“Nothing thank you, I’m looking for an internship, and wanted to know if you need staff”.
He looked very hostile until I said that my goal was to improve my English and not to be paid, so I could work for free. He took my CV, wrote “NO MONEY” on, and said that he would think about it, and call me back pretty soon.

I continued my research and went to other coffee shops until I saw that lovely tea room “sweetie pies of Galway” in which I drunk a tea and ate a cupcake with friends few days ago. I had such a good memory of this place and would LOVE working in. I was reluctant to go in, but thought that I had nothing to lose by applying there. The manager looked immediately very interested in hiring someone for free! (I understand her…) She took my CV and promised to call me.

I went in approximately 6 coffee shop and thought that was enough for today. I took the bus back home with the hope of receiving two positive call.  I was just arriving home when my phone rung : it was the woman from this lovely tea room, who wanted to plan a meeting before I start working ! Youhouuu so happy !!!! I get an internship ! I couldn’t find a better place to work in Galway!

The day after the man from the first coffee shop called me back but I refused its proposition.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire